Monday, July 5, 2010

Catching up on my beers

BJ's PM Porter. This is one of the beers from BJ's and it's decent, but not really one of my top brews but a good beer nonetheless. It pours a deep brown color with a great head with great retention and lacing. This is an easy beer to drink cause it goes down so smooth. I'm not sure what its abv but I didn't taste the alcohol at all. The aroma was hard to smell because of the locale but I did smell a hint of coffee. It has a generally sweet flavor that finished slightly bitter but there isn't anything too spectacular about the flavor of the brew. There's not even a particular flavor that stands out, just a general sweetness and bitterness. It's works though especially with the very very mild carbonation and smooth texture. Easy to drink but tougher to place. If my favorite beers are 10/10, this would be a 6/10.

Bud Light, this beer is simple to describe. It pours a clear yellow, now head, no lacing, no flavor. It's basically water with some alcohol. This is a beer pong beer, but I'd still rather use Budweisers for beer pong. Fuck this light beer shit.

Pliny the Elder is a great IPA. It pours a golden yellow color with a white head and great retention. There isn't much lacing though, but that isn't that big of a deal. The aroma is very floral and perfumes of hops. You can tell that this is an IPA by the aroma and if you like IPAs you'll appreciate it all the better. The flavor is kinda tricky to me cause I'm not too accustomed to IPAs but it did start off with a good breadiness. The flavor kinda turns citrus-like and finished with a hoppy explosion that IPA lovers will rejoice in. This is way up there in my favorite IPA brews and is a great beer in and of itself. Wow...

Corona Extra. How the mighty have fallen. I used to swear by this beer when I first started to drink beers regularly. It goes best with a slice of lime. It pours a clear yellow with heavy white head but it dissipates very fast and has no lacing. It has thick carbonation and has both a skunky aroma and flavor. It goes best with lime cause it masks the true flavor of the beer. I have a hard time drinking this beer nowadays. Makes me kinda sad. 


Budweiser, put simply, this is Bud Light with slightly more flavor. Ugh...

0 comments:

Post a Comment