Sunday, June 6, 2010

Rochefort Trappistes 8

Rochefort Trappistes 8 is another great beer. It's 9.2% ABV so it's one of the stronger beers I've had and it's a great beer, but Midnight Sess is still my favorite. It's kinda hard to describe this beer, it's kinda fruity which really threw me off. To start things off it has a good head that holds up really well, you can even tell by the feeling when you drink it. It's almost a smooth drink, almost creamy. It's definitely a drinkable beer. The taste is tough to place. It initially hit me as kind of sour cause it has a tang on the back of your tongue but it seems to finish with a sweet cream type thing. The best I can compare it to is plums or strong raisins. If you like those flavors then definitely try this out. It's not as unforgiving as Arrogant Bastard and it's not as subtle as Midnight Sess, but a great brew nonetheless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment