Friday, June 11, 2010

Karate Team

Alright today was kinda full. I woke up and just laid on the couch for several hours cause I didn’t want to get up and eventually I was like fuck it and played a little bit of Modern Warfare 2. I suck so much now, I’m so out of practice in that game. So yea, eventually I get a text from Rose saying that there’s gonna be a Karate Kid screening in like 20 minutes so I jam out right away. I get to AMC and I talk to Lida and Amy for a little bit before watching Karate Kid with Rose.


So yea, Karate Kid is a pretty good movie. It’s not as good as the original but it’s a respectful homage to the original source. Jaden Smith does a good job in this movie and definitely has a future ahead of himself in showbiz. Jackie Chan steals the movie for me though. Yeah he’s getting old so he isn’t as fast as he used to be, but this guy still kicks ass. He’s a good source of comedy, inspiration, and even adds to the drama. Both Jaden and Jackie have great chemistry and it shows in the film. Just be warned, it’s a pretty long movie. I thought it was going to run sub two hours, but in reality it ran for 2 hours and 20 minutes. To me it kind of lagged in the beginning but that’s just me. I will admit that it  creates a good sense of tension between Jaden and the bullies, but the bullies and that tension disappears in the middle which dumbfounds me cause it’s supposed be a pretty big part of the movie….he does learn kung fu because of them. All in all it’s an ok movie that you would walk out entertained. Catch it if you want but if you decide to pass, you wont be missing out on much.

After the movie me and Rose meet up with Kiwi and Roo at Wingstop where we watched the Laker game. I’m glad to say that the crew at Wingstop are starting to recognize me again. The main guy knows my name and my general order, so it’s starting to feel like home there again. It was definitely good chilling with Kiwi and Roo again. I see Kiwi at work but I hadn’t seen Roo since his birthday bash a while ago. But yeah, I had my original usual and it was delicious as usual. If the Lakers would have won I would have been a much happier guy, but we didn’t. I was bummed but what else can I do about it? We are gonna win the rest. After the game and Wingstop me and Rose do a quick beer run at the Liquorette cause she wanted to try a fruity drink that I told her about and I just needed a drink after the damn game. After that we met up with Kevin at AMC and ended meeting up with Chels and Carissa too and we all watched A-Team together with Gus cause he was screening it.


The A-Team…I liked it. It’s not a deep movie, it’s not intelligent, but it’s totally full of win. It’s a damn entertaining movie. Big explosions everywhere, conflicts, jokes, smartass remarks…everything you can ask for is here. There isn’t much to say about this movie. The cast works great with each other, they are all badass in their own way which makes for some intense scenes and they all banter back and forth which is hilarious. It’s just that, a ride. Sit back and relax cause this movie is gonna be a trip. If you’re gonna watch a movie this weekend watch A-Team. I pity the fool who puts on my jewels!

After the movie Gus went back to his boothy duties, Carissa jammed out, we took Rose home, and me Kev and Chels hit up Yoshinoya for a late night bite to eat. I had whatever the number 1 was with a flan. It wasn’t bad but it’s not the best hahaha and I think the company made it taste better. We talked for a bit but not for too long cause Chels and Kev were pretty beat. After a bit of talking I brought them back to AMC and we all went our separate ways. All in all good day. Summer baby!

0 comments:

Post a Comment