Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wargames

Wargames is constantly praised as being a great movie, but I didn't seem to get why it's considered to be so amazing. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely a good movie and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I just don't see it being as thrilling as others made it out to be. It might have been cause of the old tech that they used. That shit did not age well at all. It kinda hard to take the movie seriously when the government was using computers that looked like the old reading computer that I was in charge of in 5th grade. Black screen with green text and everything. Despite this, I can see how this movie affecting films as a whole. I see how live Free or Die hard took inspiration from Wargames and hell the game Defcon Everybody Does is basically an actual game of the program used in the movie. It looks exactly like it which made me want to play Defcon. Again, it still a very enjoyable movie, it just isn't really my cup of tea.

0 comments:

Post a Comment