Thursday, April 8, 2010

Dread...face the beast!

I definitely did not expect Dread to be this good. I found about it through IGN's horror thing and wow, it definitely surprised me. It's one of those movies that has a slow build up and creates a really good third act so it's kinda like Audition but it definitely made me cringe more than Audition did. It's a very sadistic movie and it gets pretty cerebral considering that it is a horror/thriller type of movie. Anyone that likes to live vicariously through others will like this movie. It's basically about a person who uses other people's fears to torment them. Everything in the movie builds up to the glorious third act and I can honestly say that I would not change a thing about the ending. It's nicely disturbing and cringeworthy. Nobody walks away unscathed. Nobody is left unaffected. Nobody wins. This is a movie about fear and facing the beasts that come from it. Can you face your beast?

0 comments:

Post a Comment